We depend on hundreds of volunteers to fulfill our mission to help those in need. There are so many ways to volunteer. We welcome corporate groups, community groups, church groups, school groups, scout troops, and other groups and individuals to assist us. Our regular volunteer hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 9 AM to 2 PM. Our volunteer evening is every Monday 6-8pm. Contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Westford Vacation Bible School
(Click on picture to view video)
Contact Us to set a date to volunteer.
There are many ways you can help…
There are many ways to help at our warehouse, or in your home, at your school or place of worship. For our urgent volunteer needs, we recommend you sign up for our Weekly E-News. We are happy to schedule night or weekend hours and to tailor a project to meet your groups needs. Here are some ideas.
- On Call: Perhaps you cannot help on a weekly basis, but would be on call to help unload a truck, or move furniture, or paint and do maintenance, or drive the box truck? Please email us at email@example.com Let our Volunteer Coordinator know what specific jobs you are willing to do, and we’ll add you to the list.
- Spring and Fall Town Donation Days and Organization Yard sales: During the spring and fall, towns frequently have large recycling days when residents can bring their household items to recycle or trash. We are invited to bring our truck to the town to collect household items we might need. We always need volunteers to be there throughout the day to help load the truck and then unload it at the warehouse. In addition, many large organizations like Mothers of Multiples run yard sales to sell their unwanted household and baby gear items, and we are invited to pick up whatever hasn’t sold at the end of the day. We need volunteers to help pick up those items and unload them at the warehouse. Most of these events are scheduled on Saturdays.
- Specialty Volunteers: Occasionally, we have a need for special volunteers with specific skills, such as technical help, electrical help, data entry, web design, carpentry, truck driver with cab, etc. For example, could you help us build toddler bed frames out of wood? If you have a skill and are willing to volunteer for a project, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on our list.
- Clerical Help-Receptionist: Often we need someone to man the front desk, and answer the phone during our busiest times or during staff meetings. This requires a commitment of weekly time, since training is involved. At times, we may also need clerical help with mailings- stuffing envelopes, etc. Let us know if you are interested and we will put you on the Call List.
- Yard Sales, or eBay Sales: Run a yard sale and donate the proceeds to The Wish Project, or sell your items on eBay and donate some or all of the proceeds.
- Sewing and Craft Projects: Some items we need can be sewn using simple patterns we have. Do you have time to sew for us? Or knit and crochet baby sweater sets-afghans for our newborn kits? Or craft Valentines for our seniors? Decorate the outside of gift bags for Mother’s Day or Christmas? Contact email@example.com to add your name to our list.
- Off-Site Work: Can’t spend time at the warehouse but still want to help? You can take home a project to work on there, or at a group meeting. We always have clothes and sheets needing sorting, folding, and other goods needing to be sorted into kits. Please email us ahead of time so we will have goods ready for you to pick up.
- Collect or Party in Your Home: Help support a regular need or a monthly service project with a party in your own home. Or just do a collection among your friends or co-workers or school. Contact us first to see what we have or need the most.
- Pillow Party to collect new pillows and bedding or Blanket Party, or Towels Party
- Birthday Party and collect new toys, or goods for birthday bags for needy kids or diapers, or school supplies
- New Year’s Party to collect diapers for New Baby
- Mother’s Day Brunch to make gift bags or collect gifts for our Mother’s Day Bags
- Backpack Collection and Stuffing Party
- Christmas Party and have guests bring new toys
- Home Goods Party – Everyone brings something for a kitchen, or bath. A pot to get into the party? A utensil or a can-opener?
- Home Clean Home Party– We always need cleaning kits for clients going into low-income apartments from shelters (all unopened products please). Fill a bucket with cleaning supplies and sponges, add a broom and/or mop and watch the clients light up with joy. These are a huge hit and are so needed by families moving into apartments!
- Emergency Food Party– Collect food to fill emergency food needs. We need these for families who cannot get to a pantry. Most were suddenly placed in a hotel due to fire, flood or sudden homelessness. Food boxes cost about $40 each to put together. This is a great Scout meeting project.
Please contact us for more information. We are also happy to connect you with one of many agency partners should you be looking for other kinds of volunteer work.