We welcome corporate groups, schools, church groups, scout troops, summer campers and individuals ….Wish Makers needed to help give out goods on Saturdays!
Our biggest need is for Wish Makers to help us fill orders for clients at the warehouse.
If you can volunteer 3 hours/week we would love to have the help. Plenty of hugs and thanks for this rewarding job. It could be the best job you will ever love.
Individual volunteers always welcome too. Whether you can come once or every week, we have clothes to sort, furniture to move and lots of sheets to fold.
There are many ways you can help
There are many ways to help at our warehouse or in your home, at your school or place of worship. For urgent volunteer needs we recommend you sign up for the Weekly E-News. We are happy to schedule night or weekend hours and to tailor a project to meet your groups needs.
Please contact us for other hours or more information. We are also happy to connect you with one of many agency partners should you be looking for another kind of volunteer work.
Other Ways to help:
- At the Warehouse: sort, fold, label, shelve, stuff, clean, assemble the donated goods to prepare them for giving to clients. Sat. labor help needed 9-2pm.
- Take Home Projects: Make your own hours! Pick up a bag of goods from the warehouse and return when you finish. No pressure. We usually have plenty of clothes, baby goods and linens that need processing. Great for group meetings.
- Monthly Service Projects: each month we run a regional project to get seasonal goods to many agencies that need them.
- Make up Emergency Food Boxes: We need these for families that cannot get to a pantry. Most were suddenly placed in a hotel due to fire, flood or sudden homelessness. Collect the goods, we give you the bags, stuff and deliver. Food boxes cost about $40 each to put together. This is a great Scout meeting project.
- “Home Clean Home” – We always need cleaning kits for clients going into low-income apartments from shelters (all unopened products please). Fill a bucket with cleaning supplies and sponges, add a broom and/or mop and watch the clients light up with joy. These are a huge hit and less than $5 to make!
- Help support a monthly project from your home:
- Pillow party to collect new pillows and bedding
- Kid’s birthday party and collect goods for B-day bags for needy kids (new toys also appreciated for all ages)
- New Year’s Baby diaper collection for babies
- Mother’s Day Brunch to make gift bags
- Backpack Stuffing Party
- Christmas party and have guests bring new toys
- Furniture or home goods drive (we will come pick up)
- Baby gear drive: we always need cribs, Pak N Plays, baby clothes, swings, bassinets and all the rest