Do’s and Dont’s to Keep in Mind When Donating
We do not offer pick up service. We give the items to those in need and so can not afford the cost of home pickups. We are filling orders for the most essential items requested by clients through their social workers. We do appreciate you taking a minute to clean it or fix it before donating. Leaving items when we are not open is illegal and subject to $500 fine. We do videotape 24/7. The goods get ruined by the weather and it costs us hundreds of dollars per dump to dispose of them. Please help us save precious dollars to help the needy.
Where to Take Things We Don’t Accept
We welcome your basic furniture, home, baby and clothing items that will go to local people in need. We are filling their orders for basic items. Donated goods may be brought to our warehouse during our donation hours. We do not pick up from homes but check the list here for agencies that do pick up if you need that service
Please click here for a list of items that we accept as donations.
Most clients live in 3rd floor walk up apartments so very large furniture will not fit
- Twin, Full, Queen mattresses, bunk beds, futon sets, toddler beds, daybeds, trundles, cots and air mattresses.
- We accept sofas, sleep sofas, dressers, love-seats, kitchen tables and chairs (2 or more).
- No used toys, pictures, baskets, wall hangings, serving dishes, wine glasses or dress clothing.
- No decorations, wall pictures and frames, knick-knacks, desks, drop side cribs, TVs, computers, outdated electronics like cassette players.
- No large furniture that will not fit in a minivan (e.g., hutches, entertainment centers), baskets, wine glasses, candles or candle holders, file cabinets, office furniture, sports gear, athletic equipment or cleats.
- Nothing that requires any installation including light fixtures and wall shelving, window blinds, valances or custom fit goods.
- No used dirty trash cans, toilet brushes, plungers, nothing under $5 in value, nothing dirty.
- NO KINGS, PLATFORM BEDS, CAPTAINS BEDS, WATER BEDS, HOSPITAL BEDS.
- No furniture with tears, stains, missing pieces.
- No end tables or coffee tables.
- We accept clean casual clothes, shoes, coats, belts, bras, baby clothing.
- We appreciate it when clothing is donated during the season when it is needed. For example, winter coats, hats, gloves, boots during the winter season, and shorts during the summer season.
- NO USED UNDERWEAR
Kitchen Items, Tables and Dinette Sets
- We welcome complete sets, single tables, and sets or pairs of chairs (must be sturdy and fully functional).
- If it only needs paint or a screw, please consider doing that before donating.
- Dishes, small bowls, drinking glasses, silverware, mugs.
- Pots, pans, can openers, utensils, baking pans, large knives, casserole dishes.
- NO HUTCHES OR CHINA CABINETS. NO SINGLE CHAIRS.
- NO SINGLE DISHES, NO DIRTY ITEMS, NO WINE GLASSES, NO TUPPERWARE TYPE USED ITEMS.
- We welcome clean sheets, comforters (not down), quilts, blankets, clean pillows, curtains that cover windows, towels (worn is okay), shower curtains, new shower liners.
- It is very helpful to us if bedding and window curtains are labeled with size.
- NO DUVET COVERS, DOWN COMFORTERS, NO USED SHOWER CURTAIN LINERS, VALANCES, MINI-BLINDS, NO PLACE MATS AND NAPKINS, NO DIRTY ITEMS, OR ITEMS USED BY PETS.
Appliances (All Sizes)
- We accept air conditioners (in summer), heaters (in winter), fans, lamps, microwaves (we never have enough of these), coffee makers, clocks, clock radios, irons, toaster ovens, toasters, blenders, food processors
- NO CHANDELIERS, CEILING FANS, WALL SCONCES, NO BUILT IN MICROWAVES.
- We DO NOT Accept refrigerators, electric stoves, washers, driers or dishwashers.
Baby Items, Gear
- We accept car seats (less than three years old), boosters, bassinets, Pak-n-Plays, infant bedding, strollers, combo-strollers, Diapers new or open packs, high-chairs, swings, monitors, unopened unexpired formula and baby food, etc.
- NO DROP-SIDE CRIBS. NO CAR SEATS OLDER THAN THREE YEARS.
- We welcome working game systems, alarm clocks, radios.
- If it is current and useful with today’s media, we can take it.
- NO TVS.
- NO HOME COMPUTERS OR MONITORS.
- NO OUTDATED ELECTRONICS.