To schedule a time to volunteer
Volunteer at the Wish Project Warehouse
You are in good company when you volunteer at the Wish Project Warehouse. Each year we welcome hundreds of corporate groups, community groups, church groups, school groups, scout troops, and individuals to join us. Most groups volunteer for 2 hours at a time.
They are offered on a first come basis as slots fill up fast. Most clients work and go to school so Saturday sorting for client distribution hours are important but hectic. In a few hours you can prepare and distribute goods that will furnish 12 homes that day. You may be assembling hundreds of backpacks or sorting clothing and shoes so that we can put clothing on 40-50 peoples backs in 3 hours!
We are self funded which means that our small staff really appreciates the financial support of our many large corporate volunteer groups. Thanks for understanding that it takes extra staff and tons of planning to pull these days off. We welcome you though because you get so much done! Please check to see if your company offers financial support for volunteer hours or team building activities.
Volunteer Off Site
There are many ways you help from home, school or at your place of business and many times we can provide service hours for your efforts. To find out what is needed this week connect with us on Facebook@thewishproject or sign up for the Weekly E-News. We are happy to schedule volunteer hours and to tailor a project to meet your groups needs. Here are some ideas.
Hold a Fundraiser
Use your passion to help families in need. Hold a fundraisers to benefit The Wish Project. We can help provide marketing materials and more. Just let us know. As long as the majority of the proceeds are to benefit our organization we will help promote the event through our online portals and social shares. Contact Patty Murphy for information.
- Host a Blues Night, Run a yard sale, have a corn hole contest, host a sleep-a-thon to raise awareness for the hundreds of kids that sleep on the floor, hold a bake sale, host a bowling party, throw a house party or host a poker bowling competition. Have a white elephant swap after Christmas at the office for all those gifts that just don’t fit. Challenge the other lawyers or accountants in the area to bowling or poker.
- Hold a collection to support a Seasonal Service Projects List a regular need or a monthly service project with a party in your own home or office. Or just do a collection among your friends or co-workers or school. Contact us first to see what we have or need the most. Get service hours and it looks great on a college application. We write great recommendations for extraordinary kids that help out.
- Birthday Party and collect new toys, or goods for birthday bags for needy kids or diapers, or school supplies
- New Year’s Party to collect diapers and wipes for the New Baby baby
- Mother’s Day Brunch to make gift bags or collect gifts for our Mother’s Day Bags
- Backpack Brunch Collection and Stuffing Party
- Christmas Party and have guests bring new toys
- Lend a Hand with Pots and Pans: Home Goods Party – Everyone brings old pots or pans, shower curtain liners, can openers or a clean coffee maker.
- Pillow Party ,Blanket Party, or Towels Party
- Snowball fight Event: with new socks rolled into snowballs
- Home Clean Home Party– We always need cleaning kits for clients going into low-income apartments from shelters (all unopened products please). Fill a bucket with cleaning supplies and sponges, add a broom and/or mop and watch the clients light up with joy. These are a huge hit and are so needed by families moving into apartments!
- Emergency Food Party– Collect food to fill emergency food needs. We need these for families who cannot get to a pantry. Most were suddenly placed in a hotel due to fire, flood or sudden homelessness. Food boxes cost about $40 each to put together. This is a great Scout meeting project.